Getting Started on NDIA Connect
Make the most of your NDIA Connect experience online by taking these steps to allow others to find and connect with you, engage in meaningful conversations about the topics that matter to you, and build your presence in the online community.
Your login credentials should be the same as your credentials for NDIA.org. Navigate to Connect.NDIA.org and click “Sign in” in the top right-hand corner of the page. Your login credentials are the same username and password that you use to log in to NDIA.org when registering for events or renewing your membership. If you have forgotten your login credentials or require assistance with your login information, please contact us.
Tell Us About Yourself: Is this what you really look like? Upload a profile picture and add some information to your profile so that it is easier to find and connect with like-minded peers.
Customize your profile settings: While on your profile page, click on the tab for My Account. Here, you can specify how you want to receive emails from the community, how much of your profile you want to be visible to other members, the design of the signature area that appears under your discussion posts, and more. If you have any questions about what a certain setting means, please email our Community Manager at CommunityAdmin@NDIA.org.
Email Delivery Options: Your frequency can be in the form of a daily or weekly digest—a single email, received either daily or weekly, summarizing the hottest topics in your communities. Or, stay informed in real time with instant alerts.
Build your Contact List: Select Engage > Member Directory from the main navigation bar to find friends and colleagues belonging to NDIA Connect. Creating a contact list helps identify relationships and build searchable networks. Our Advanced Search option offers further parameters for making connections.
Join the Conversation
Posting a Message:
- Select “Add” next to the Latest Discussion Posts or “Post New Message” if on the Discussion page.*
Latest Discussion Posts:
- You can upload attachments, which will then automatically be added to the specified community library.
- You can @mention specific NDIA members.
*You can save a draft post. The system will also automatically start saving your message once you start adding content. You can schedule a post to go live at a certain time, too. To access your scheduled posts and drafts, go to Profile > My Contributions > List of Contributions.
Reply to a Discussion:
- Reply: Reply to the entire thread.
- Reply Privately: Send a private response to the member’s community inbox.
- Mark As Inappropriate: If a member's post clearly violates the NDIA Connect Rules & Etiquette, you can flag it to be reviewed by the NDIA community management team.
Share a Resource
- Access the library by clicking on the Library tab from the community homepage.*
*You will notice that there are two different ways to view the community library content: list view or folder view. The default view is the folder view. Use the icons to switch the view.
- To add a new library item, select "Create New Library Entry." Complete the required fields on the library entry form: Title, Library, Description, and Entry Type. Based on the entry type you select, you will need to take additional steps after you select “Next” to continue.
- Let us know you're here: Say hello and share what you are hoping to gain by participating in NDIA Connect.
- Ask questions: What do you want to know more about? Do you have a question about anything from professional development to everyday problems? There's someone out there with the answer.
- Share ideas: Is there a topic you want to discuss? How about a lesson you've learned that might help your fellow members? Start a discussion thread to give others a peek inside your world or to demonstrate your expertise on a topic.
- Give feedback: Use your knowledge and experience to answer other members' questions. Just click Reply to the right of any discussion post; or, comment underneath a library entry.