Who We Are
Women in Defense (WID) Michigan Chapter, A National Security Organization, is a non-profit professional networking and development organization for women and men across Michigan who contribute to national defense and security.
Formed in 2007, the Michigan Chapter strengthens and influences the defense and national security industry by inspiring women, cultivating leadership, and growing professional relationships.
What We Do
Our organizational goals are:
To learn more about Women In Defense, click here.
- Provide members with opportunities for professional development and networking
- Cultivate the advancement of women leaders in government, defense and national security professions.
- Assist in the educational development of young women in technical fields in support of S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) to encourage them to pursue a career in the defense industry.
- Provide financial assistance for higher education through the WID HORIZONS-Michigan Scholarship program.
- Offer mentoring programming for established professionals, as well as a mentoring environment for middle school girls through college aged women.