Women in Defense Michigan established the Horizon Scholarship Program in 2009 to encourage women to pursue careers related to the national security and defense interests of the United States, and to provide development opportunities to women already working in these fields. From the program inception to date, more than $100,000 in scholarships have been awarded.
Applicants must meet eligibility criteria:
- Be a woman
- Be a resident of Michigan and a United States citizen
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited Michigan university of college, with at least junior status (60 credits).
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrate educational expenses
Support the Horizon Scholarship Program
- Share information about the Horizon Scholarship program to increase awareness and applicant interest
- Donate to support the Horizon Scholarship, as an individual or organizational donor. Horizon Scholarship donors are some of the most well-known names in the defense industrial base.
- Volunteer to join the WID-MI Scholarship committee. If you want to connect with inspirational women and impact educational opportunities for Michigan college students, this is the volunteer role for you. Email the WID-MI Director of Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While the Horizon Scholarship is designed for college students who are at least in their junior year, WID-Michigan also offers Junior Horizon Scholarships as part of our STEM Programs.