Welcome to Central Georgia Chapter of the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA). Our Chapter is based in Warner Robins, Georgia. Our primary focus is to develop a healthy and secure national security technology and innovation base that consists of government, academia, and traditional and non-traditional defense partners. PJ Vasquez, our chapter President, told you our message is simple: “Connect, share, learn and innovate.”
1. NDIA Member Survey: President and CEO Hawk Carlisle asking for your Thoughts. As we emerge from the Pandemic, NDIA is taking a moment to reflect on how it best collaborates with you, our members, to promote the best policies, practices, products, and technology for our warfighters who ensure the safety and security of our nation. As we develop new capabilities and services that promise to further support our collective mission, we want and need your input.
In order to determine how best to serve you, now and in the future, we developed a Member Survey. I very much hope you will choose to share your time and expertise by participating in our survey. The survey is relatively short and should only require 10-15 minutes of your time. Your feedback will help us make the right decisions as we shape our strategy and priorities.
I appreciate your help in completing this survey and assure you we will keep all responses strictly confidential. The survey will close at 5:00 pm on July 9th; if you have any questions, please contact Trina Dickey at tdickey@NDIA.org or Jim Boozer at jboozer@NDIA.org.
Thanks for all you do to support our warfighters, thank you for supporting NDIA through membership, and we hope to hear from you soon.
General, USAF (Ret)
President and CEO
2. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) has announced the 15th annual Wright Dialogue with Industry (WDI) at the Dayton Convention Center, Dayton, Ohio, on July 20-22. This will be a LIVE event, focused on advanced research trends and investment. Go to https://daytondefense.org/WDI for registration information.
The WDI event provides three days of in-person and in-depth unclassified and classified comprehensive presentations, panels, and one-on-one technical sessions related to the Air Force's science and technology focus areas and aerospace research and development. Tech Directors and SMEs will present portfolios of each of the (AFRL) Technical Directorates and supporting organizations. As in past events, WDI continues the dialogue format, fostering two-way conversation between attendees and presenters through focused technical, opportunity, and educational tracks and sessions.
The event will include:
• Keynote addresses from government senior leadership and industry
• AFRL budget status and plans discussions
• 90+ minute two-way dialog sessions with each of the AFRL Directorates
• Dedicated one-on-one meetings with AFRL Directorate Leaders and SMEs
• Unclassified and classified discussions
Registration for the 2021 Wright Dialogue with Industry is open at https://www.daytondefense.org/WDI
3. Lt Gen Shaun Q. Morris announced the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center’s 5th Annual Life Cycle Industry Days (LCID) will be held virtually, from August 3rd to August 5th, 2021. This year’s theme is “Accelerating Change to Empower the Warfighter.”
Keynotes from Air Force senior leaders to include:
- General Mark Kelly, Commander, ACC
- Ms. Darlene Costello, Acting Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Acquisition, Technology & Logistics)
- Lieutenant General Anthony Cotton, Deputy Commander, AFGSC
- Lieutenant General Carl Schaefer, Deputy Commander, AFMC
In addition to these dynamic speakers, LCID will provide presentations and panel sessions on Cyber Security, Digital Transformation, Software Factories, Rapid Change, and the popular PEO and CEO panel. Attendees will have the opportunity to view virtual exhibits and Program Executive Officer forecast information. Small business panels and information will be incorporated into the overall agenda to provide valuable insight, discussions, and opportunities for potential partnerships. Join Lt. Gen Morris for an informative and exceptional forum where opportunities will be shared and partnerships can be made.
Registration information is at the LCID website at https://www.aflcmc.af.mil/LCID/ or http://www.lifecycleindustrydays.com/.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the LCID leads: Ms. Whitney Speed (email@example.com) or Ms. Katie Hovis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Requirements Symposium 2020 (RS 2020) briefings remain available by invitation only. If you registered for the 2020 symposium you received an invitation with the URL for these briefings. As a reminder, you should copy and paste the URL into your browser and follow the prompts. For future updates to those briefings we urge you to "Connect" with NDIA Central Georgia Chapter. "Learn" how to connect with the Central Georgia Chapter by going to our chapter or NDIA website and click on "How to Join NDIA."